River rafting is SO MUCH fun and exhilarating that one trip is just not enough and that is why Channel Islands Dive Adventures decided to schedule one this year but on a different river. Last year we did a single day trip on the lower Kern River and that was a bit wild with the record breaking snow pack California had in quite some time so this year we are going with a different company on a different river.
This year CIDA has a 1 day trip scheduled with OARS for the Merced River just out of Mariposa, CA. The trip will be on Saturday, April 28, 2018 and is a class 3 & 4 trip and you will need to book the trip yourself. Ken has done two 2 day trips with OARS over the years and both have been AWESOME so we hope you decide to join him for some exhilarating FUN!
OARS has been around for a long time and does rafting trips from single day to week long trips in a number of states in the US. O.A.R.S. was founded in 1969 by river pioneer George Wendt and in 1974 the company found its permanent home in Angels Camp, California. George passed away in July 2016, now run by Georges two sons they are still dedicated to furthering the company’s commitment to the preservation of wild places and creating meaningful outdoor experiences for our guests—values that have been at the core of O.A.R.S. for nearly five decades.
My wife and I will be traveling up to the Mariposa area on Thursday, April 26, 2018 and we are not yet sure if we will camp, stay in a hotel or get a place through Airbnb. We plan to do some hiking and outdoor activities while in the area with river rafting all day Saturday the 28th and then leaving mid day on Monday the 30th.
Merced River rafting trip overview
- Merced River rafting on a Wild & Scenic River through pine forests and California poppy fields
- Exciting Class III-IV whitewater rafting and rollercoaster wave trains
- Delicious picnic lunch on a sandy riverside beach
- Cranberry, Ned’s Gulch, Split Rock & Corner Pocket Rapids provide white-knuckling whitewater action
- Combine this California rafting adventure with a visit to Yosemite National Park
- Cost is $179.00
- Book online through the OARS website you will get a 10% discount
- When booking your spot LET them know you are with CIDA
- Lunch, water, helmets and wetsuits are included
- Additional fee of $8 per person per day federal, state and local access fees
If you have any questions, please contact
Ken at email@example.com or call (805) 469-7288