North Carolina Videos
1) N.C. topside-June 2012-This is a slide show/movie from the last Channel Islands Dive Adventures trip to North Carolina in June 2012. This is all topside stuff showing all the fun things to do between the Morehead City & Wilmington area. N.C. is a very excellent vacation location and everyone seems to be very friendly with life much slower then SoCal.
2) The wreck of the U-352-June 2012-The U-352 was a great dive with tons of fish schooling around it and much more then I expected. The U-352 was a German submarine that was used during the notorious U-boat attacks during WWII along the NC Coast. On May 9, 1942 it was sunk by the Coast Guard Cutter ‘Icarus.’ This site was discovered in 1974 by Olympus owner and Captain, George Purifoy, and several friends. This is one of North Carolina’s best known dive sites.
3) Wrecks of NC-June 2012- This was a trip Channel Islands Dive Adventures did back in June 2012 with some excellent weather & diving. We were very lucky as we were able to dive all 5 days we where in NC. The 1st part of the week we dived with Olympus Divers (the best) on these 3 wrecks including the Aeolus and the U-352 (separate movies on those) and then we went to the Wilmington area to dive for Megalodon shark teeth (also a separate video) and the trip was such a success that CIDA has another scheduled for late August 2013.
4) The wreck of the Aeolus and the Sand Tigers-June 2012-This wreck was sunk in August of 1988 as part of North Carolina’s artificial reef program. It is a 409-foot tanker that lies at a depth of 110 feet. It is split into three pieces, and has also partially been turned to an upright position–making it an excellent dive with lots to see but the big draw here was the Sand Tiger sharks that we could see up close and personal.
5) Megaldon shark teeth diving in North Carolina-June 2012-This is a movie showing the group from the last Channel Islands Dive Adventures trip to North Carolina doing some diving for megladon shark teeth. We first spent a few days diving wrecks out of Morehead City and than 2 days diving for the shark teeth out of Carolina Beach with Cape Fear Dive Center.
6) Shark teeth adventure-August 2013-Video is from a trip to Wilmington, North Carolina in August 2014. The Wilmington, North Carolina area is excellent for diving wrecks and megladon shark teeth and the best dive operator to use is Aquatic Safaris.
7) Diving the wrecks of North Carolina-August 2013-Video is from a trip to Wilmington, North Carolina in August 2014. The Wilmington, North Carolina area is excellent for diving wrecks and megladon shark teeth and the best dive operator to use is Aquatic Safaris.